mardi 30 août 2016

Cant get OTA updates on my Samsung s5 from AT&T after flashing android 5.1.1

Hello I have the SM-G900A and I have been having some trouble, so here is the story. So as we all know the only major carrier that hasn't received the marshmallow update for the galaxy S5 is AT&T. I got really irritated and wanted to root my phone and download a rom that had marshmallow on it for my S5. In order to root my phone I had to downgrade my version of android to 4.4.2 or lower to use towelroot. I found a stock version of android of 4.4.2 on this website and flashed it through odin and got stuck in a boot loop. I then proceeded to clear cache and reset my phone to try another rom. I tried three roms that were android version 4.4.2 and 5.0. Then I decided to try and flash a rom that was the same version as what I started out with and it worked. By the fourth try I got out of the boot loop but my phone was laggy and buggy unlike before. I also noticed that I had a different older default keyboard and I had the S finder and quick connect feature under the brightness scale in the notification panel. Something I didn't have before on my original phone to start. So I realized it wasn't the same AT&T software I started with even though the rom said it was for AT&T. Also the AT&T OTA updates didnt work. I would download them but every time I tried installing them it would say booting in recovery mode in the top left corner and get to 25% then fail. The ironic part about this a couple weeks after I did this AT&T announced that they were pushing marshmallow out to the galaxy S5. So can someone please help me get back to the original version for my phone and be able to get my OTA updates. Also I tried using Sam Mobile and samsung Kies and neither of those worked.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cd1ky0
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire