mercredi 30 mars 2016

Device locked down.! I am done.!

Hi there,

I am happily using my Mi4i since more than a year now. Now I moved on to a new device and given my Mi4i to wife. Before giving it I did factory reset and internal storage wipe using 'recovery' (stupid me, should have done from settings). Phone booted up, everything was fine. But when ever I turned on Wifi (when ever the phone got connected to internet) it showed a screen says 'Activate this device'. What is the big deal, I entered my password clicked Activate. Well that gave me a mini heart attack. It said invalid activation code.! Then I noticed carefully and sadly figured out that the Mi account number showing in the activation message screen is different than my actual account number. Don't know how this happened :( How can I get over this ? or atleast know which email ID is associated to the showing Account (it shows account number with **** in the middle).? will a complete image flash fix this issue ? any help will be appreciated.

Note : Obviously you guys can think like I am a thief and it is a stolen device. If there is any proof needed I can post the original invoice here :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Ti4or3
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire